The Most Popular DiscountsAlthough insurers try to offer one or two unique discounts to attract customers, the majority offer common discounts on policies. These similarities actually make it easier to compare offers. When you get quotes, you should expect to see the following discounts applied to your premiums as long as you qualify:
- Early Signing - switching providers before your existing policy lapses will save you 10% on your new policy. Insurers use this discount to attract you to their company. Several will even help you make the switch at no additional cost.
- Safe Driver - safety is so important to insurers they are willing to reward you for being a safe driver. When you maintain a clean driving record, you can get 50% off your annual premiums. You may be able to get this discount each year you have no accidents.
- Vehicle Safety Features - being a safe driver is only part of the equation. You also need to drive a safe vehicle that has anti-lock brakes, airbags, and a theft-prevention alarm system to realize the 50% reduction on rates. Vehicles with GPS and tracking systems are preferred.
- Good Student - young drivers need to take advantage of every opportunity to save money on insurance. High school and college students can get a 20% reduction on their policy if they maintain good grades, typically defined as a "B" average.
- Multiple Policies - as another type of customer loyalty discount, you can save 10% when you purchase all of your insurance from one company. Not all companies sell life insurance so you may need to search until you find an insurer in your state that offers car, home, and life insurance policies to get the most from this discount.
Additional DiscountsYou may be able to qualify for additional discounts if you live in a safe neighborhood, park your vehicle in a garage, or drive a hybrid vehicle. Drivers who spend less time on the road qualify for low mileage discounts from insurers that offer them. Ask about discounts after you review car insurance quotes from insurers. You may be able to get additional reductions by asking about specific discounts listed on the insurer's website.
Using car insurance quotes to find a cheaper policy is the easiest way to save money on quality coverage. You can quickly determine which insurance company has the greatest discounts. And it only takes a few moments of your time to review offers!