Most people, however, can get annoyed with having to pay monthly premiums that can sometimes be expensive as they do not regularly (or ever) use their car insurance. However, you can save money on your car insurance through one simple method - comparison-shopping with free car insurance quotes.
There are hundreds of places online where you can find car insurance quotes. A car insurance quote is simply an estimate of what you will pay, and for what type of coverage, through a specific car insurance company. They are free and no obligation. This means you can compare coverage and cost across multiple insurance companies before you decide on a policy to go with. In order to get the best results from your search, follow these five car insurance quote steps:
- When you do a search for car insurance quotes, you will likely get thousands of hits. You need to narrow down your search to legitimate companies that do business in your area, and that have good reviews. The more companies you can find the better, but aim for at least five.
- Make sure you are being truthful when you fill out the necessary information to request a car insurance quote. You might be tempted to leave out or change information in order to save more money, but if you are an accident this could lead to your claim being rejected - no matter how small the lie was. Additionally, if they find out before an accident, they will adjust your premium anyways. A quote is only useful if it is accurate.
- Sometimes when request a quote you will have to input contact information that a sales agent will use to contact you about a policy. Do not let this sales person pressure you into a policy that you do not want, that is too expensive, or that does not meet your needs. It is usually not necessary to speak to a sales representative, as most companies now offer the option to purchase and manage your policy completely online.
- After you have received your quotes, make sure you are comparing the same coverage - not only the low price. You could find a policy with a very low price, but if it does not meet your coverage needs it is a waste of money. Narrow down the two or three best quotes and then research the insurance companies to make sure they have positive reviews.
- Make a decision and purchase your policy! Remember, your life and car insurance rates will change constantly so you should always shop around each year before automatically renewing your policy.