For some reasons there people do not always carry car insurance. Very often people overestimate how good of a driver they are, or underestimate their risk of getting into an accident. This is easy to talk yourself into, as many people go years - or even their entire lives - without getting into an accident. However, and you never know when an accident is about to occur.
Not only is driving without insurance illegal, but it can also cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars if you are involved in an accident. If you aren't convinced, here are ten reasons why you should always carry car insurance:
- If you are involved in an accident that is determined to be your fault, you will be responsible for paying for the property and personal damages done to the victim. If you do not have the money to do this, you will be leaving this person without the care they need to get their life back on track.
- If an uninsured driver hits you, and you don't carry insurance either, you will not be protected and will have to pay for your medical bills yourself. Even if you do not have high medical bills, you will need a new car and will likely be out of work until this happens.
- Again we shoudl remember it is against the law to drive without car insurance. In some cases, if you are caught you can lose your license. Thta's why it is a good idea to go online, compare car insurance quotes, and purchase a policy that will not ruin your budget, but you will be confident on the road.
- Many times when people are not driving with insurance they become anxious on the road because they are always looking around for police officers. This is a huge distraction and can put you at risk for an accident.
- Some jobs are dependent on a positive driving record, even if the job is not solely focused on driving. Not having insurance can look bad on your record.
- Car insurance companies do not like it when people do not carry car insurance. Even if you do not get a ticket for lack of insurance, there will still be a gap in your driving record where you were uninsured, and this will likely increase your premium once you decide to search for car insurance quotes again.
- Some people will be tempted to lie on their car insurance applications and say they have been carrying insurance when they haven't. If you submit a claim and the insurance company investigates and finds out you were not truthful, they could refuse to pay your claim and you will likely face higher premiums in the future.
Going without car insurance might seem like a good idea as far as your wallet goes, but it can effect many people other than yourself, in many devastating ways. Always carry car insurance, even if its only the minimum.