Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Shameless Plug to Help Our Deployed U.S. Marines

The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals released several interesting opinions yesterday. I've read most of them and while I'm working on some blog posts, I got sidetracked.  Last winter, I wrote a children's book about the Marine Corps and now it is up for a Pepsi Refresh grant.  We are hoping to print 5,000 copies of the book and donate them to the families of deployed Marines in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I thought, perhaps, I could enlist the assistance of my fellow criminal law blawggers to help us win the vote.  You can CLICK HERE to vote and you can vote once a day for the month of July.  This is 100% not-for-profit.  All of the money received will go straight to production, shipping, and distribution. 

For more info on the book and the Pepsi project visit the book's blog site at http://www.marinekidsbook.blogspot.com/

Thanks Y'all