Saturday, March 13, 2010

Great Reading for Defense Attorneys

About a year ago, a colleague of mine recommended that I read Vincent Bugliosi's novel "And the Sea Will Tell."  Of course, I recognized the author as being the prosecutor of the Manson murder conspiracy trial about which he later wrote the book "Helter Skelter," but I was unaware of any other books he had written  So I read it.

I have to say, it was simply amazing.  The background story before the criminal trial is compelling in itself, but to read about the way Mr. Buglisoi researched and prepared for the trial (as a defense attorney) was truly remarkable.  His closing argument in the case was the work of a legend.  In my opinion every criminal trial lawyer (especially defense attorneys) should read this book.  I plan on reading it again soon.

Just thought I'd pass this along for what it's worth.  I read at least 3 books a month, so if you have any recommendations, leave them for me in the comments.  I'll read anything.  Thanks.