Tuesday, November 23, 2010

One-Year of Blogging. Happy Birthday to Us!

Well, it's been a year.  One year ago today, I began blogging about Texas criminal law and procedure and I'm still enjoying it.  It has been said that most bloggers quit after 11 months, so I guess I made it past the breaking point.  Unfortunately I have less time to blog now than I did when I began, and it has become a bit more challenging to keep the posts coming, but I have no intention of giving up.  As long as the Texas courts continue to release opinions, I'll continue to write about them.  I may not have something to post everyday and I definitely will not be able to write about every case, but I'll try to bring you the highlights and interesting cases. I'm also planning to include some bios of Texas jurists in the coming year.

Here are some stats from the past year:

Blog Posts: 198
Visitors:  12,877
Pageviews:  17,108

A big thanks to my biggest supporter (by way of referrals), Scott Henson of Grits for Breakfast.  He's certainly kept the web traffic checking in on me from time to time.

Another thank you to my guest bloggers (a few Texas prosecutors), who bring us great stuff with each post they write.

Here's to another year of blogging!